The allure of Cry Baby Noodles lies in their perfect harmony of flavors: spicy, tangy, and slightly sweet, all coming together to dance on the palate. If you’re looking to recreate this delightful dish at home, follow our concise guide:
Ingredients of Cry Baby Noodles recipe:
- 200g noodles (preferably wide rice noodles or udon)
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp chili oil (adjust according to heat preference)
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 red chili, deseeded and finely sliced (optional for extra heat)
- A handful of fresh basil and cilantro leaves
Instructions of Cry Baby Noodles recipe:
- Boil the Noodles: In a large pot, bring water to a boil. Add a pinch of salt and the noodles. Cook them according to the package instructions or until al dente. Once done, drain and rinse with cold water to halt the cooking process.
- Prepare the Sauce: In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, chili oil, and brown sugar. Mix well until the sugar dissolves. This mixture will be the backbone of the Cry Baby flavor profile.
- Sautéing: Heat sesame oil in a large pan or wok over medium heat. Once the oil shimmers, add minced garlic. Fry until fragrant but not browned.
- Noodles Join the Party: Add the drained noodles to the pan, ensuring they’re well spread out. Pour the sauce mixture over the noodles, ensuring they’re uniformly coated.
- Toss & Garnish: Gently toss the noodles for 2-3 minutes to ensure they soak up the flavors. Add the sliced spring onions and red chili (if using) and continue to toss for another minute.
- Serve: Transfer the noodles to serving dishes. Garnish with fresh basil and cilantro leaves for an added layer of aroma and flavor.
Cry Baby Noodles from the comfort of your home. This simple yet flavor-packed dish promises to be a favorite for everyone who loves a good balance of spice and tang. Enjoy!